Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Meet Heartbreak Scorsese of the Lafayette Brawlin' Dolls



Welcome to the Brawl House


Name: Heartbreak Scorsese
Number: 18
Positions: Blocker and wannabe jammer 
Theme song: I guess technically it would be Heartbreak Scorsese by SnobScrilla. But screw technicalities, my theme song Feels Like Pain by the Grates!
Likes: Live music, good coffee, and watching Arrested Development again and again.
Dislikes: Unkempt eyebrows and Michael Moore 
Favorite music/movies/books: Have you got 10 000 years? Ok, I love: 
- Youth in Revolt (the book and the movie) and anything by David Sedaris.
- (500) Days of Summer and Stranger than Fiction are the greatest movies ever. Oh, and Harry Potter. And Iron Man! 
- I have a new favourite band every week…[yes, I said ‘favourite’…we Australians appreciate the letter U!]…Right now I basically listen to Spoon, Silverchair, the Kooks, and the Cure on a constant loop.
Bad habits: Ummm, I don’t know that I have any; I’m pretty awesome. I kid...probably hassling people about their shit grammar and spelling. I’m an English student; it’s in my nature!
Favorite quote: “But where did the lighter fluid come from?!” No, that’s probably a lie. I love “Be your own hero”.
Why do you play roller derby? Um, because it’s freaking awesome? I’ve always loved skating, and, maybe surprisingly for a sport where you’re constantly battering and bruising other girls, the sense of team spirit is really amazing.
What do you do when you’re not wearing skates? Well, playing the English student card again, I read a buttload. I also do lots of craft and draw and write. And I spend a lot of time in WalMart.


So, I'll keep you posted on any bouts or otherwise sweet happenings in the world of derby/The Brawlin' Dolls. Or, you can check out our website or our facebook. Or all of the above!

No comments:

Post a Comment